Monday, February 22, 2010

Money Don't Grow on Trees...

I have decided to give up calling Rod.  I've been calling every other day and still have not received my money for working more than 10 hours on January 22.  It has been a full month.  I have filed a complaint with the Department of Labor and Industries already with several complaints.  Hopefully, I can add this and will get my money as a result of that.  If not, I guess I will have to take him to small claims court.

This makes times tight.

Along with the money he has illegally withheld for insurance (have I told that story yet? I can't remember, I've told so many!) with each paycheck, the raise that never actually happened, and now withholding legitimate pay - it just isn't fun being me right now.  Also, because of recent lack of work woes due to the Boeing RIF and my contract being canceled when I worked in data security at Regence Blue Shield, my unemployment is about $400 less than it used to be.  I am having to worry about cars,  basic bills, heat for the house, and even food.  My poor dog still hasn't been back to the vet to see what's wrong with his legs, and they both need shots.  The worries are starting to keep me up at night, especially considering the hospital situation.

I would like to post a follow up about Jen.  I think it is an understatement to say that she wasn't pleased with my last post.  However, I have made it a policy to be completely honest with you my readers, and telling that story would not have been possible without detailing my frustration and feelings of betrayal.  I hope Jen understands why I had to type up her involvement, as unflattering as it was.

But the sunshine beckons now, and if there's one thing I can get out of unemployment, it's getting out and enjoying a beautiful day.  My dogs are bored, I'm restless, and we could all use a little exercise. I will post some pictures from our walk a bit later!

Eye Tee Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment