Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still no pay...

It's bad enough being over-worked and under-paid, but hey, at least then, you are getting paid.  Even worse is getting abuse heaped on top of lies and not getting paid at all. Payday should have been Feb 1, and here it is, the 10th, and I still have not been paid.  I'm not sure why. 
 

My (soon to be) father-in-law had a massive stroke affecting the dominant side of his brain.  I guess that's a fancy way of saying "it's just a matter of time, now."  He has been laying in the hospital since Jan 31, barely reacting to any stimuli, with, at times, over 12 different tubes providing liquid life.  This isn't including the wires and tubes monitoring his heart and mechanically keeping his lungs pumping oxygen into a body weakened - not just by age - but by his body's cruel betrayal, sending a clot to plug up the main artery that feeds the entire left side of his brain. This is not an easy time for our family.  We are going to the hospital for hours a day, sometimes more than 12 hours a day, to watch him, to meet with family, to discuss the situation with doctors. I haven't had time for Facebook, for blogging, for any time at work.  I've been focused on DNR orders, physician reports, brain mappings, and blood pressure monitors.  I certainly haven't had time or options to do anything online.  Even this is being typed up while at the hospital and will be uploaded whenever we go home again - when I have an hour or two that isn't directly related to the hospital.  That could be days from now.  In neuro ICU, it would seem, they don't want any type of wireless signals that could affect the IV units.  All texting, cell phone conversations, and wireless "stuff" needs to be done "beyond the double steel doors, please."
 

I have told Jen what's going on, I have asked her to tell Rod, I have left multiple messages for him, all telling him what is going on.  But still, no word, and no paycheck.  I filed for unemployment when he reduced my hours, and I certainly don't consider myself employed if he's not paying me... so we'll see where this latest chapter in my book of life takes me.
 

On the bright side - I haven't been abused, called names, or had to hear random bursts of anger - either at me or at co-workers.  As for the new guy, I have no idea how things are going.  I do know, however, from Rod's complete refusal to deal with Dave, and using me as the "middle man," that I will likely never hear from Rod again.  I can't say this is a bad thing.  ;)  I can only hope my final correspondence from Acme will be a paycheck, adorned with Rod's very own John Hancock.
 

I hope all is well for everyone reading this, I miss the catharsis of writing to all of you everyday!

Eye Tee Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment