Monday, December 21, 2009

Cameo Appearances

At the Christmas Party on Friday, Rod informed us that he will only be making "Cameo" appearances during the next two weeks.  Fine by us, we practically encouraged it!  The shorter the cameo, the easier the day.
 

Rod was very excited to see me today when I came in.  He couldn't wait to talk about his date, the Seahawks' dismal performance, and the state of his coffee.  Once he was done talking about his weekend, the conversation was done.  I wasn't asked how mine was, nor in any other way was my input sought.

After Jen came in, I said I was going to work on some documentation.  He said "ok, whatever gets you off!"  My eyes popped open. (I'm not sure why, you'd think I'd be past shock by now)  Then he said "Is that appropriate to say in the office?"  I said, "Well, I think I'd say 'whatever floats your boat,' but I guess you can say whatever you want."  Eww.  Rod talking to me about getting off.  Ick factor +4

I know everyone reading will be excited to know!  My insurance takes effect January 1!  I asked Rod close to a month ago for the forms.  Surprisingly, he printed the Regence forms out right away (kind of).  I filled them out immediately and returned them.  The next day, I found them on my desk with a note asking me to fax it.  Fine.  At least then I know it will get done!  So I went to look up our info for insurance, and discovered we are not with Regence.  Sigh.  We are with Premera.  So two weeks ago, I mentioned that I needed the correct forms.  I mentioned it again a week ago.  I mentioned it again at the end of last week.  He said "I thought I printed those out for you like a month ago."  Sigh.  "Those are Regence forms, Rod, remember?  We are with Premera.  Right?"  "AHHHERRRUGMM!!  Yes, we are with Premera.  [long silence]  Why don't you just send them the Regence forms and see what they do?"  I laughed.  Out loud.  "Are you serious?  No you can't be."  Silence. He was. Serious, that is.  "Um, I don't think I can do that, Rod, I need the Premera forms."  Silence.  Then:  "Well, FINE."  Needless to say, the issue has been resolved, I filled out the correct forms, and insurance should be effective in a couple weeks.  Yahoo!

Later in the day he was on a call with a customer and they started talking about the shooting range.  Rod was getting all into it, excitedly talking about how he loves the smells there.  Then he said "Well, I can't say in the presence of mixed company what it smells like..."  Ohhh, DAMN.  Ick factor +8.

Rod has been very excited lately at the prospect of Jen using Match.com.  He wants to help her get her profile put together.  Now, don't get me wrong.  If this were my dad, it would be totally cute in an old man type of way.  But this isn't my father.  For that matter, he's not Jen's father, either.  So it's kinda just weird that he wants to help her with the profile.  But then he went on to talk about it:  "You are VERY pretty, VERY pretty.  Oh, you'll have your CHOICE of boys.  You are very atTRACtive, so you can be VERY selective!"  I get it.  I know he was trying to be nice, but... Poor, poor Rod.  Just doesn't get it. 

Of course, today, he mentioned that he thinks his daughter is "one hot chick" so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised!

And then... then the magical sound of Windows XP shutting down, followed by the sounds of coffee being prepped for the next day... and then... the sound of car keys. And lastly, the merry sound of the jingle bells on the Welcome sign as Rod left for the day!

So while the blog may be short the next couple weeks, please know, gentle readers, that Eye Tee Girl is getting some much needed peace and quiet at the office.

Eye Tee Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment