Monday, December 14, 2009

These boots are made for walking...

...and that's just what they'll do!
One of these days,
these boots are gonna
walk all over you.


Thank you, Nancy Sinatra, I couldn't have said it better myself.
 

Yep, today Rod cursed at me again.  Over such a silly thing.  He wanted me to print out a document after I was done writing it.  Because he rarely reads anything I print out for him, and out of a certain greeniness in my lifestyle choices, I said firmly that I would send him the link (and here he tried to interrupt me by talking over me - quite loudly - but I continued) so he could then print it out whenever it was convenient for him.  He told me, quite gruffly and even angrily that "No!  You will print it out!!"  The autocracy of that statement was shocking to me.  I was curious (honest!) so I asked.  I even asked nicely.  "Why can't you print it out?"  Wow.  The rage that came over his face and contorted his features was again shocking.  His lips flattened over his teeth.  He was really biting back what he wanted to say.  And then it spewed forth like a volcano, molten and red hot.  "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN--"  That's all I heard.  As calmly as I could, I picked up my jacket, my gloves, and said "That's it.  You cannot speak to me like that.  You cannot curse at me.  I have asked you nicely several times to stop it, and still, you continue.  From now on, I walk every time you curse.  Maybe I'll come back this time.  Then again, maybe I won't."  I'm not sure what he said as I left, or if he even said anything.  I do know I stayed gone for 20 or 25 minutes.  Stick that in yer productivity pipe n smoke it, bub!  Perhaps he will eventually see a relationship between cursing and me not getting as much work done that day.  Then again, that would require active logic, something which, I'm afraid, Rod sorely lacks. 
 

When I came back, Rod was in a distressingly Pollyanna mood. Complete with good cheer and friendly air, this guy had walked right out of an Andy Griffith episode.  All he was missing was the whistle, a delightful red headed child, and a fishing pole.
 



 

He was giving Jen dating advice when I got back.  All I heard of the advice was that he was currently dating 3 different women.  According to him, it's a numbers game, and the higher the numbers, the better the returns.  Like it was gambling advice and he was telling her how to play the nickel slots or something.  Unbelievable. 

That's all that has really happened today.  Here are some recent short stories:

*phone rings*  Rod answers and determines who is on the phone.  "Don't ever call here again."  *click*   *Phone rings again almost immediately* Rod answered and says immediately: "What don't you understand?!"  *click*  Ahh the professionalism!

"I wanna see some PICTUERS!  AheermEMMM!  And NOT of HIM!!"

"We could uhhhm Katie... are you going to...." Silence.

On the phone:  "Well, I can't talk about that because it is SEXUAL in nature." Oh, brother.

While on the phone with his mechanic:  "It sorta takes AWAY from the AMBIENCE when I'm with a lady, I mean, you know what I MEAN?"  Then this silent wheezily laugh like Muttley from the Dastardly Duo:


(I'm just not sure if Rod would actually be Muttley because of the laugh, or Dick Dastardly because he's such a ... ).  I of course, am Penelope Pitstop:



Zooming off for the day,

Eye Tee "Penelope Pitstop" Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment