Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Follow Up to Yesterday

There was a fairly heated argument yesterday.  Essentially it was the three of us against Rod.  Rod was under the impression that a customer/user was an "imbecile" and "can't do anything."  As far as I know, he has never participated in a support call with her, and doesn't know anything about her other than her accent.  He was insisting that what she was asking for was useless, and that we should stop wasting our time trying to help her.  He got quite vocal, and essentially, was asking us to stop offering any type of customer service by supporting a potential customer.  It was an utterly ridiculous argument, without merit, and ended with Rod saying that he completely disagreed with everything we were about to do.  That was actually more reassuring than distressing. (I didn't tell him that, however)

Remember in yesterday's blog...?  At lunch, he said he would return in a couple hours?  Yeah... he didn't.  He did call at around 4:30 to apologize first to Jennifer, then to me.  When he spoke to me, he said, "Yeah, I'm sorry about that.  I got a little HEATED."  I replied accordingly, somewhat impressed that he called to apologize.  It didn't last long.  He followed up his first statement by saying "Which isn't TO SAY it won't happen AGAINNNNN, of course."  Well, so much for pretending!  Rod asked if Dave was still at the office.  Since Dave was the last one in, it's logical (to me) that yes, he was still there.  Figuring he would want to talk to Dave next to apologize, I said "yep!"  The reply was a very disgruntled "Hrrmmrmm.  Okay, then..."

Then the line went dead. 

I guess Rod was now done with our conversation and had no further need for niceties, such as "Good-bye" 

Jennifer thinks he went home and got plowed.  Me, I'm thinking maybe he was lit all day long, a little nip of the nectar to help him soothe his nerves for his confrontation with Dave.  That never happened.  Whatever.  Yesterday was crazy and the "Wash your Hands" sign still makes me shake my head every time I see it.

Eye Tee Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment