Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blessed Peace

Today has been wonderfully quiet.  Rod left at 11 for what we hope is the rest of the day.
 

I managed to get a few gems out of him during his short stay, but mostly he just kept talking to me for nigh on an hour about the importance of... um... oh, right, the implications of the import.  And how it will um.... You know... and then we will .... but the thing is... I could go on with the play by play of the long, painful discussion about ... Well, Jennifer and I never really did figure out what the implications of the import were.  Shrug.  It's not like I'm going to go ask him.  My head is still a knot from trying to figure it out!
 

Rod was talking to a client, and asked, with perversion dripping from his tone, "Have you ever BEEN HAD in the WRONG way?"  Moments later, he said "I'd like to reach out and touch you," in that same nasty old man voice that makes my skin crawl.  Combined Ick Factor +4. 
 

It reminded me of a conversation he had with some other client when he asked someone to phrase something in the "white way" instead of the "black way."  What do you suppose that was supposed to mean?  Jennifer and I have no idea ourselves, if you care to enlighten us.
 

Rod spent the last half of the afternoon yesterday on Match.com.  Now, I'm not saying anything for sure, but do you suppose it's coincidence that he has left for the day?  And that he's taken two phone calls outside today?  It's exciting for us, in that we are hoping Rod will have someone to... er... lavish his attentive energy on?  Perhaps, how shall I say it?  He may come back tomorrow with a grin on his face and more laid back?  We can only hope.

In his absence, Jen and I are enjoying being able to get some quality work time in.  Maybe I'll even be able to hit a goal or two today!  Although, I discovered I am having network problems.  After initial investigation, I am gathering some clues.  Here is what I found under my desk:





Yep, the black cord on top is my network cable, and then it connects to... to some orange thing that has like 20 telephone wires in it.  When I looked at it closely, I noticed some of the ends were exposed!  Of course, being an experimentalist at heart, something compelled me to touch the ends of the wires.  Sure enough, I got a nice electrical shock (nothing strong).  This is something that I have just never seen before!  I am sure this is acceptable wiring somewhere, and up to code in some countries, but just never in the places I have worked before.  Upon further investigation, I found our phone switch:
 

 


Hmm, I wonder if one of those is the contentious Line 1?  Maybe I'll have some fun with it on November 27th.  That's right, I'll be in the office the day after Thanksgiving, so I may as well give Ebeneezer something real to grouse about.  When he pointed out that it's not a paid holiday, I asked if I could call him Ebeneezer.
 

I had to tell him I was joking.  Then he thought it was really funny.
 

I'm not laughing...
 

Signing off for now, everyone, have a great Thursday!
 

Eye Tee Girl

1 comment:

  1. More pictures! I want to see how cross-connecting is REALLY done!

    ReplyDelete