Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A hoodwink and a smile...

So, with Jennifer being sick, of course, I got to hear how Rod has been even sicker!  HIS sinus infections, apparently, were so intense, he actually had his sinuses removed.

You read that right.

Rod has had his sinuses removed.  Yes, you know them: the space in your head that is usually empty?  Rod had those empty air gaps removed.  That's kinda like letting the air out of an empty coffee cup, isn't it?  I even asked him, this time, to verify he wasn't joking: "Oh, do you mean that surgery where they drill out the drain holes bigger?  So it doesn't plug up and get infected?"  His reply, "Yeah, no, they removed my sinuses.  That's what they told me, anyway." He nodded authoritatively. So no, he's not joking, and no, I'm not sure what they really did, but it makes me wonder if they really did anything at all... or if they just enjoyed drilling holes into his head after having to deal with him for 20 minutes.  Now that I think about it, in Rod's case, that would be akin to letting air out of an empty coffee cup...


I got my usual sammich up at Safeway today.  I like to take it apart when I get back and add a few things to it, such as mayo and pickles.  Today, I went over and, in front of the microwave, began the process of taking the sammich apart. In the middle of said sammich surgery, Rod decides to make his coffee for the next day.  Reaching across me, he had to get a filter, then reaching into the frig underneath me, he had to get the coffee, then it was getting his coffee cup from around the corner, then he fluffed up a new package of coffee.  I could see this one coming a mile away.  I grabbed my sammich and ran.  The next thing I heard was a violent ripping sound and then the sound of coffee grounds hitting a counter.  I escaped just in time, my sammich coffee free! It would appear as though Rod even cleaned up his mess!  Well, mostly...


Poor Rod, I don't think he's a drop to drink all day:




His coffee cup and water glass have been there for well over 3 hours.  Let me check.  Yep, they are still there now.  Only, now, they are also accompanied by some coffee filters, left over from the mess he made in the last story.  Sigh.



A banker (?) of some shady sort with a Russian accent came in today.  He was speaking to Rod about term loans, percentage rates, and saving $500.  I think I smelled something fishy, but Rod was very keen to learn more about saving $500.  At one point, he said "Wow, that'll get you... that must get you a lot of cocaine.  Do you know how much cocaine that will get you?"  The poor Russian, whom I'll dub "Yuri," had no idea.  Rod continued with a shout:  "JENNIFER! How much cocaine can $500 buy?"  Her eyes got huge.  Her mouth dropped open. "Umm, Rod, I have no idea how much it will buy."  In shock, I leaned around the corner to look at Rod.  I saw him suck in breath to ask me next, but I beat him to it "Don't lookit me, I don't know either!  Are you crazy?"  Poor Yuri was obviously uncomfortable, fidgeting with his blazer and avoiding eye contact.  A lot was said in the course of the conversation, which was ended on a happy note when Rod said "Well, that's ok, after all, the only thing we do is sit around here and snort cocaine all day."  Crazy, crazy man.


Rod has to write notes everywhere to remind him to do basic things (See an October post about the Wash your Hands memo in the bathroom - it's still there).  Today, there is a prominent note on his desk reminding him to get shampoo (italicized) and a razor (as his electric is broken).  I think I mentioned that we don't get the day after Thanksgiving off.  Rod wrote himself a note so he'd remember to tell us:




Now, I know it isn't perfectly clear (so sue me), but it is handwritten and says: Thanksgiving Annunement.  If he can't even write correctly, how on earth is he going to type?  You at least need to know what letters are actually in a word for spell checker to have a sporting chance!  Poor, poor Rod.

Well, off I trot to send out a "big announcement" about our software.  Here's hoping the list Rod gave me is actually accurate... 

Eye Tee Girl

3 comments:

  1. Did he save $500.00 or blow it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rod, about 7 grams. Two 8-balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He ended up kicking the guy out; but he did send him to the dress store upstairs, in case the guy was interested. Not sure what Rod meant by "Interested" but sometimes, it's better not to ask.

    So yes, he blew the $500 savings potential.

    ReplyDelete