Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Got Crabs? Part II

The second half of the day yesterday, while not as explosive, was still nonetheless exciting.

(One thing to remember when reading this blog...  Rod speaks incredibly slowly.  And then blares out some words, almost like his throat clearing.  Sometime I will have to record him so you, the reader, can also hear him.  You would understand then why some of his standard lectures are so incredibly tiresome to deal with.)

Shortly after I blogged yesterday, Rod focused his attention on Jennifer.  Poor girl.  I'm not really at all sure what he said to her, since most of the time Rod starts sentences, but rarely finishes them. I did, however, manage to glean a few things from their conversation:
     1.  She is to start making 50 calls.  Hmm.  A day? A week? A month?  It wasn't clear to me, either.
     2.  Rod tried to communicate with Jennifer, exactly as he did with me: "I am HEARing what you are SAYing. Then I am going to rePEAT it BACK to you, and you can TELL me if what I am HEARing is correct"  Now, Rod, if you could just stop interrupting people to "repeat" what you are "hearing" you might actually get the "whole" story. 
     3.  Rod is upset about not getting more sales. This line really put my back up, and I almost had to intercede on Jennifer's behalf in his one-way, heated exchange: "Dammit! I give you this ... huge list of leads, and what do..."  Sigh.  Another sentence started and never finished by Rod.
     4.  Rod: "I don't care about you! Who do you think I care about!?!"
         Jennifer: "I can't read your mind, Rod, I have no idea."  (Oh, snap!
         Good one, Jen!)

     5.  Rod gave Jennifer one of his standard lectures about responsibility and how to follow up, how to document, etc.  He said, "If I'm being responsible with an account, even with a call I did not participate in, I would read all the call notes." And then, the disbelief clear in his tone, "Did YOU do that?"  Jennifer's "yes," may have been quiet but the eyes must have relayed her conviction (and lightning bolts by this point, I'm sure).  He replied "Oh, yes, see? [silence] You are ... being... um... RESPONSIBLE... then."  Whatever.

Anyway, his anger over... something... that day really REALLY came out on Jennifer's head.  He was yelling, cursing, and, dare I say it?  Pulling his unkempt, dirty, curly hair out.  I was sick listening to it.  (A shout out here, Thanks to my friend "Penelope," who helped me hang in there yesterday.)

Other gems I collected yesterday: 

While on the phone with a customer (the best lines always start this way, don't they?) out of the blue, he asks "Are you a Roman Catholic?  A Methodist?  Maybe a Jack Jew?" Oh for pity's SAKE Rod, don't talk religion or politics, with anyone, much less customers!  And Jack Jew? WTF is that?  Obviously, I'm not up to par on my ethnic or religious slurs.)

His electric razor broke (I told you so!), and this is why he was frustrated and taking it out on us.  Seriously?  Your RAZOR was to blame for your anger?  Lame.

He thinks almost all his customers are stupid.  I know of only 2 (yes, 2) who he may think are as smart as he is.

Rod likes to say things like "Because I'm dumb" to get pity.  It doesn't work after the first time he says it.  Sometimes, not even the first time.

Well, I will cut this one off for now, I hit the high, er, lowlights and we are working on gathering notes for today already.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

ETG

1 comment:

  1. FYI, Jack Jew: A term used by Jews to insult fellow Jews who happen to be members of the Republican Party, or simply have more conservative views.

    ReplyDelete