Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Got Crabs?

Holy SMOKES Rod is crabby today!  Watch out!  And bring firewood if you want to fan the flames.  Apparently, I brought a whole truckload, because I just can't stop myself from throwing one log on the fire after another...

Let me establish up front I have never done sales, I'm not a sales person, and I don't have a strong desire to be one.  It's just not me.  I'm techie!  Maybe I have established this already?  Anyway, I don't use Goldmine, and never have.  From what I know of it, I hope to never use it again.  For instance, there is actually a difference between a "Scheduled Call" and a "Call Appointment" - and here's me, all along, using the terms interchangeably.  BAD EYE TEE GIRL!!  I'm sure you can see what is coming, right?  A normal person, upon realizing a miscommunication of this nature would probably define the difference between the two.  For instance, I would say to you, dear reader, something like this:  "A Scheduled Call means that there is some issue outstanding with the customer, and you need to get in touch with them to resolve it... there is no definite time frame.  But an Appointment Call, means there is an actual scheduled time to do something, like say, Thursday at 10am.  Of the two, it is Appointments which show up in the calendar."  Now, I might even throw in something slightly humorous to help avoid future confusion, such as, "Don't ask me why they chose to use the word 'scheduled call' when it's not really scheduled at all!  But then, they didn't consult me when they were deciding on the semantics for their software!!"

That being said, I don't even think I can come close to describing the maggots' nest we unearthed when I figured out I was confusing the two terms.  Rod couldn't once give me a solid description of the difference, and all he could do was interrupt me over and over as I tried to establish the difference.  In fact, the gem I got from the "conversation" was what Rod said:  "I am trying to comMUNicate right now." As opposed to when you usually speak, Rod?  "I am HEARing what you are SAYing.  Then I am going to rePEAT it BACK to you, and you can TELL me if what I am HEARing is correct."  I think that was really, honestly, the only full sentence he uttered.

Again today, Rod said that I didn't send him some emails.  I got more direct this time in my reply and said "I did send it to you, but thanks for the insult."  Water off a duck's back.  No apology was forth-coming (no, I wasn't expecting one in the least).  I tried several times to get him to hit F5 to pull up his mail box, instead of accessing his email however he does (however he does it seems to 'block' my email, so I thought I would give him an alternative to try.  Damn those rose-colored glasses!)  At that point, he told me that they have had known issues with the computer I use not sending email reliably.  Jennifer tried to help Rod (her mistake) by saying "That's right! We did--" Rod is soooo rude!  Loud enough to actually hurt my left ear, he said "That's FINE, JENNIFER!  We don't need you PIPING UP over there.  Just pay attention to what YOU are working on." She tried again.  "I know that computer..."  "FINE JENNIFER" and when she kept up, Rod muttered under his breath "fuck off" then "just shut up, shit!"  Holy SMOKES that ticked me off.  Wow.  Although she couldn't hear what Rod had just said, Jennifer didn't back down.  (Good girl!) Instead, she came face to face with Rod and stated:  "I'm only saying that the computer she is using has had a lot of problems, it was really bad about sending emails out!"  She was actually defending him!  And he treated her like dirt!  This did not impress me and reflected very poorly on him.  Think I'll go out of my way in the future to defend him at at any time?  Nope.  No way, José.

On Friday, Rod asked Jennifer to print out something and leave it on her desk for him to review if he came in on Sunday.  She did this.  On Monday, Rod impatiently asked her where it was, and when she told him as she was reaching for it, he said "Why did I have to ASK you for this?"  Rod, do us a favor?  Go stay in your cubicle until you can be civil again, ok?

Here are some other quickies:

Rod will randomly say "shit" in his cubicle with no explanation.  Go figure.

While on a call with Premera Blue Cross insurance, Rod started talking politics (die hard conservative that he is, it always goes over well on Jennifer and me).  This time, he started saying something about how Hillary was saying she will be changing the insurance industry.  Um, Hillary, Rod?  Try again.  Hillary works internationally... I think maybe you mean Obama, Congress, or even lawmakers?  The things he utters wouldn't be so bad if what he said didn't reflect so poorly on Jennifer and I.  Sad sigh.

Here is how Rod wants to send out an email to hundreds of pre-existing customers to announce an upgrade: "Since so many fixes make a like on Release Notes to another page make new CP Report #1 on list"  Hmm.  Let me get right on that, boss man!

The day is not even half way done, and my blog for the day is full of mystery, action, and vulgar language.  I can hardly wait for the second half of the day!

Farewell, readers, and wish me luck!

Eye Tee Girl

3 comments:

  1. Where's the second half of the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run! Run for your life! Seriously, this abusive nutbag will eventually screw you over. Given some of your previous hints about financial irregularities, I suspect it will come in the form of a bounced (or simply not delivered) payroll check.

    ReplyDelete